cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Pro

RooDog
Contributor

My camera 70D came with Digital Photo Professional 3, I saw the Canon site had a verion 4, so I downloaded it. But it will not load. When I try to start it, it says "Not all elements can be shown under the computers current dispay settings. Before use, reduce the display size." I try all my size options and get the same message, except when I try the smallest option, it says too small, use 1024x720 or bigger.

My setting options, laptop.
1366x768 recommended
1360x768
1280x768
1280x720
1280x600
1024x768
800x600

What can be wrong? Should I not have deleted the earlier version first? No Idea what to try. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Which computer operating system are you using?

I'm running DPP 4.5 (on a Mac) ... but I may be on a different operating system version.  If you're on Windows, make sure you don't have something blocking the installer (e.g. antivirus software, etc.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

@RooDog wrote:

My camera 70D came with Digital Photo Professional 3, I saw the Canon site had a verion 4, so I downloaded it. But it will not load. When I try to start it, it says "Not all elements can be shown under the computers current dispay settings. Before use, reduce the display size." I try all my size options and get the same message, except when I try the smallest option, it says too small, use 1024x720 or bigger.

My setting options, laptop.
1366x768 recommended
1360x768
1280x768
1280x720
1280x600
1024x768
800x600

What can be wrong? Should I not have deleted the earlier version first? No Idea what to try. Thanks

The two versions can co-exist, so that's not the problem. Version 4 requires a 64-bit version of the Windows OS; but it apparently installed, so I guess that's not the problem. The tests you've run so far suggest that there's an issue with the computer's graphics card. I don't recall a specific requirement on the computer's graphics capability, but that's where I'd look first.

What OS are you running?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I am using a Laptop with Windows 10.It loaded ad installed. Just can't start it.

Thanks

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8201803100.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8201803100.html

And all other things being equal, it's usually best to set the resolution to the "Recommended" value, since that's almost always the setting most consistent with the native resolution of the screen. (Usually it is the native resolution of the screen.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Huge thanks, that fixed it. My screen was big enough, but some how my text was set to 125%. I had to reset set at 100%.

Thanks, Greg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad to help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements