cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 menu options

RevDoc
Apprentice

I use DPP4 heavily for my RAW images. I shoot with a Canon 90D. My question is, many of the menu options in the editing tool bar are greyed out, and I can't figure out why. Obviously the lens data is greyed out when I use a non-Canon lens, but even when I am using Canon lenses some options aren't available. For example. under Auto Lighting Optimizer, Adj Face Lighting isn't available. Likewise, Clarity, just below that, isn't available. On the next menu tab, Noice Reduction (Cloud) isn't available. Etc.  While I may or may not use these tools, I'd like to at least know how to toggle them on and off, but so far I haven't found anything in the manual or this forum. Can anyone give me some help, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RevDoc wrote:

So, if I understand you correctly, Peter, DPP4 is sensitive to the camera body I used. And for some reasons Canon doesn't think I need these options with the 90D. If that's the case, I can accept it. I just needed to understand.

That is the way DPP works. New features added are for cameras that support them already. Last year I tried NR in the cloud and was not impressed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Peter
Authority
Authority

Download a raw file from a 1D X III and you will be able to use them. NR in cloud, wasn't that feature closed down this month?

So, if I understand you correctly, Peter, DPP4 is sensitive to the camera body I used. And for some reasons Canon doesn't think I need these options with the 90D. If that's the case, I can accept it. I just needed to understand.

About NR in cloud:

"Thank you for using Digital Photo Professional (DPP). We would like to inform you that "higher-performance noise reduction processing using network service [Canon Cloud Imaging] (only EOS -1D X Mark III RAW still images are supported)" service is scheduled to terminate this service around the end of August 2021. Even after the termination of this service, all DPP functions other than those of the Canon Cloud Imaging service can be used. We hope you will continue to use DPP. Also, we have confirmed the following phenomenon, so we will contact you with the details and how to avoid it. Thank you for using Digital Photo Professional (DPP). We would like to inform you that "higher-performance noise reduction processing using network service [Canon Cloud Imaging] (only EOS -1D X Mark III RAW still images are supported)" service is scheduled to terminate this service around the end of August 2021. Even after the termination of this service, all DPP functions other than those of the Canon Cloud Imaging service can be used. We hope you will continue to use DPP. Also, we have confirmed the following phenomenon, so we will contact you with the details and how to avoid it."

@RevDoc wrote:

That is the way DPP works. New features added are for cameras that support them already. Last year I tried NR in the cloud and was not impressed.

Peter,

I had the same impression of NR in the cloud.  The results appeared the same as using my workstation and I suspect the only advantage of the cloud based NR was for people using fairly low performance computers where the NR would probably take quite a bit of time.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
PDF manual

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300040289/03/dpp-4-15-0-w-im-en.pdf
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the link, John. That was for the Windows manual. I use a Mac. I don't know if there is a difference in the manuals, but I have the 4.11 manual, so it probably wouldn't hurt to get the 4.15 manual for Mac.

Generally the same. Just go to the Canon support site and select your macOS. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements