cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4, iMac

mcasabar
Apprentice

Good Morning,

I have an iMac 5K, 4Ghz i7, 32Gb RAM AMD Radeon R9 4Gb running macOS High Sierra 10.13.2.

DPP4 is incredibly slow on my machine.  I think this may be due to the fact that I cannot select "Use graphics processor for image processing" 

Is there a way I can enable my graphics processor?  Or am I unable to because it my iMac uses an AMD Radeon?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi Mcasabar,

Welcome to the Canon forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

GPU accelleration only works with Nvidia video cards.

2018-01-15.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello, same issue here with DPP 4.7.2 on 2017 iMac 5k with 3.4 i5 and 8GM Ram and Radeon Pro 570 4GB video card. When I load a RAW from my new 6DII I get a prolonged spinning star from Canon program bottom right. It takes quite a while to complete even though the image appears completely and clearly initially.

I had the same issue on my previous iMac and thought it might just be out of power to process the 26MB files. My old iMac when I would make sharpening adjustment to the image it would render the image very sharp while the spinning star worked to redraw the image and then it would finish the image and it would actually de-sharpen as a final result! Yes it went from showing sharp while rendering to finishing unsharp, really strange.

The new iMac properly sharpens the files now so I have gained something that help with this machine. It's a shame, I have used the older DPP and into the DDP4 beginning with no issues. My images process fine in Photoshop with old machine as well as new. Seems that something is not correct in the initial rendering of the RAW.

I also see that unless you are running Nvidia card you can't select use Graphics Processor, seems that is something that should be updated too to allow Radeon which is in Apple iMacs.

Announcements