Did you mean: 

DPP4 has no response and halt in win10

likulikuhk
Contributor

My computer is window 10, intel i7-7700 3.6GHz

RAM 8GB

x64bit

When i try install DPP4.10.0 few days ago, it worked ;

i'm still in learning phase, so every time i haven't confirmed "convert and save"

Since yesterday,

when i double click Digital photo professional icon,

it shows up with a halt page, without entering to application window

IMG_6862-1.jpg

i try to re-install and install the new DPP4.11.0, still the same issue without any help.

in task manager, the CPU wakes up slightly during first ~3sec, with RAM usage ~84MB.

Then CPU usage would fall down to zero, without launching the apps.

Anyone can help to fix it ?

Thank you very much !!

8 REPLIES 8

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

If you haven't already done so, use the settings/apps menu to remove the old program and then try to install it again.

I have been running 4.11.0.2 for several weeks and it is working very well and seems perfectly behaved.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

i was using control panel -> uninstall in last few days.

Thank you for your advice !!

i'll try your method tonight, ^^ thx

I think the control panel runs the same uninstall routine, it is just a different interface.  It sounds like Win 10 did something to break the software during one of its many poorly tested updates.  This is extremely common with Win 10 and one of the many reasons I despise it.  If Microsoft had stuck with having the OS do what it is supposed to do (provide the support for running actual apps) instead of loading it with unneeded garbage they probalby would create far less problems for their customers and less need for their constant failed security updates.

It might be safer for now to use the Win 10 option to go back to an earlier revision if a recent update is what is causing the problem.  A lot of odd Win 10 errors after updates are from out of date drivers but MS has never created an easy/automatic path for driver updates but there are some third party solutions that work well for that and it is well worth the small cost to use one and not bother with continually trying to keep drivers updated.  

I have largely moved to Linux but unfortunately I am stuck with Win 10 for DPP and Photoshop.  

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thanks ; but when i right click "Digital photo professional", there is choice of "launch by administor" or "failure analysis / trouble-shoot" button, 

"Launch by administrator" , as well as full enable read / write access (confirm full access on all selected users / pages)

- similarly, fail launch
"failure analysis / trouble-shoot" - no matter how alter display setting / resolution configuration OR launch under win8 OR choose higher DPI..etc - still fail launch ; is it mean, not only win10 has problems ? even with win 8 ?

thanks.

And, one more 

i find both "Canon" folder under "program files" and "program files (x86)" ; 

i have tried remove both folders after un-install ; 

re-install again but not help too.

Thanks.

@likulikuhk wrote:

Thanks ; but when i right click "Digital photo professional", there is choice of "launch by administor" or "failure analysis / trouble-shoot" button, 

"Launch by administrator" , as well as full enable read / write access (confirm full access on all selected users / pages)

- similarly, fail launch
"failure analysis / trouble-shoot" - no matter how alter display setting / resolution configuration OR launch under win8 OR choose higher DPI..etc - still fail launch ; is it mean, not only win10 has problems ? even with win 8 ?

thanks.

Windows 8?  How old is your hardware?  Is your Windows 10 installation one of the free upgrades from Windows 8?

PCs that are running Windows 10 as an Windows 8/8.1 upgrade seem to always have problems.  While the user GUI might look like Windows 10, for the most part the PC is still running Windows 8/8.1 under the hood.  If you are running an upgraded machine, then it is a near certainty that this is your problem.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

not upgrade version from win8.

but truly a win10.

what i mean is, the "trouble-shooting" page shows a scenario of using win8 platform, however, still fail to launch DPP.

i'm not sure how it simulates as i don't have win8 at all.

Sorry for confusing you.

Thanks.

@likulikuhk wrote:

not upgrade version from win8.

but truly a win10.

what i mean is, the "trouble-shooting" page shows a scenario of using win8 platform, however, still fail to launch DPP.

i'm not sure how it simulates as i don't have win8 at all.

Sorry for confusing you.

Thanks.

That's okay.  You should contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements