cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 Remote Shooting doesn't work with 5ds

senduran
Contributor

I've tried installing the Canon software that came on the CD with my 5ds on a Windows 7 64bit machine. Also tried the latest version of the software from Canon's website on Mac OS X.

In DPP4, clicking on 'Remote Shooting' launches EOS Utility (if it wasn't already loaded), but then says 'EOS Utility is not ready.'. Looking at Utilitiy's window, it just says 'Connect an EOS camera'. The camera is connected and displaying a computer  icon on its LCD, and Windows/Mac OS both detect an attached camera, allowing basic image-transfer functions.

Does Canon's own software for their own camera really not work with it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I never did get it working with Windows 7, but it seems that EOS Utility 3 is incompatible with Mac OS X 10.11. I installed 10.10 to an external drive and was able to get it to work from there.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I've tried DPP3 and needless to say that was a waste of time. All that DDP3 or 4 does for tethering is launch EOS Utility. Utility 3 loads and doesn't recognise that I've plugged in my camera, and if I manually load Utility 2 instead, it pops up an error that the camera isn't supported and quits.

I never did get it working with Windows 7, but it seems that EOS Utility 3 is incompatible with Mac OS X 10.11. I installed 10.10 to an external drive and was able to get it to work from there.
Announcements