cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP versions

judym
Apprentice

I have DPP 3.2.0.4 installed on Windows XP for use with a Canon 40d.  The solutions disk I have says 3.1 so I am assuming at some time I updated the software. 

I have two questions:

1. A friend that has a Canon Rebel took a few pictures for me in raw and I am unable to convert them through DPP.   Is there an update to DPP 3.2.0.4 that will make it possible to handle the Canon Rebel raw file convert without loosing the ability to process Canon 40d raw files?

2. I am going to be replacing my computer with a Windows 7 in the near future.  What will be the easiest way to get DPP onto a new Windows 7 computer?

5 REPLIES 5

judym
Apprentice

I think I should have posted this in the software board but don't know if it is possible to move it there?

Another option, is Adobe Lightroom 5.  Although not free like DPP, it is vastly better.  Smiley Happy

Not as professional level as LR 5, is Photoshop Elements 12.  Also very much superior to DPP and cheaper than LR 5.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have been doing quick processing in DPP and then using Photoshop Elements 8 to crop and fine tune anything else.

hsbn
Whiz

You can go to Canon website to download the latest DPP (3.14.15) and it should be able to open all Canon RAW images.

Here is the link : http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii#DriversAndSoftwa...

The easiest way is use your solution disk on Win7, install version 3.1, then update it to whatever latest version at the time. Go to Canon website, choose any DSLR (even if you don't own it), and choose Driver & Software, then choose your OS, and just download the latest version of DPP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thank you. 

Announcements