cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP, picture is much sharper in Crop-tab.

Vimmer
Apprentice

I'm editing raw files i DPP an notice that when I'm in "Crop and rotate image"-tab the picture is much sharper
then in other tabs, like "Adjust imagedetail".
It's like some check marks or other settings is on and when it's shown in "Crop and rotate image"-tab it seems

like it shows the "raw" picture.

Can anyone explain why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

In most of the tabs, DPP is applying processing to the image before it displays the final image and you are seeing a lower resolution version.  You will probably notice the little busy wheel towards the lower right corner of the screen and once it disappears the image should be sharp.

Depending upon the camera used and the PC, it could take some time for that processing to occur.  Most of the time I use DPP on a twin Xeon CPU HP workstation but sometimes I will do a little processing with my HP Zbook which only has a single 4 core I7 CPU and files from the 1DX III can take 20 seconds or more to finish with the "busy wheel" and show full resolution.  On the workstation, those same files take just a few seconds and files from my 1DX II and 5DS bodies are very quickly finished in any of the tabs.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

In most of the tabs, DPP is applying processing to the image before it displays the final image and you are seeing a lower resolution version.  You will probably notice the little busy wheel towards the lower right corner of the screen and once it disappears the image should be sharp.

Depending upon the camera used and the PC, it could take some time for that processing to occur.  Most of the time I use DPP on a twin Xeon CPU HP workstation but sometimes I will do a little processing with my HP Zbook which only has a single 4 core I7 CPU and files from the 1DX III can take 20 seconds or more to finish with the "busy wheel" and show full resolution.  On the workstation, those same files take just a few seconds and files from my 1DX II and 5DS bodies are very quickly finished in any of the tabs.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements