cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP not showing folders anymore

jaap
Apprentice

DPP suddenly stopped showing the folder structure (not related to an update), so it's impossible to select any photos. Zoombrowser for instance is still working fine.

I can show (and edit) a photo when I specifically open it withh DPPViewer.exe, but this is just one photo at a time. Bit of a hassle.

Any idea how to correct this?

4 REPLIES 4

@jaap wrote:

DPP suddenly stopped showing the folder structure (not related to an update), so it's impossible to select any photos. Zoombrowser for instance is still working fine.

I can show (and edit) a photo when I specifically open it withh DPPViewer.exe, but this is just one photo at a time. Bit of a hassle.

Any idea how to correct this?

The "Folder View" option on the "View" menu turns that on and off.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I have the same.

It has been working for years (win7, 64bit), but dpp suddenly stopped showing folders. There is no way to open any files. It is not just a setting/option within the application.

Zoombrowser is still working fine (and showing cr2).

So I cannot convert cr2 to jpg.

I've made a complete fresh install of windows and this was one of the first programs to try. It is still not working. Either the original version (cd) or a newer one (canon website).

Dpp opens but doesn't give any messages. Windows events points to an error in flview.dll. If 'fl' stands for folder it might make some sense.

But can anything be done about it?

@marruk wrote:

I have the same.

It has been working for years (win7, 64bit), but dpp suddenly stopped showing folders. There is no way to open any files. It is not just a setting/option within the application.

Zoombrowser is still working fine (and showing cr2).

So I cannot convert cr2 to jpg.

I've made a complete fresh install of windows and this was one of the first programs to try. It is still not working. Either the original version (cd) or a newer one (canon website).

Dpp opens but doesn't give any messages. Windows events points to an error in flview.dll. If 'fl' stands for folder it might make some sense.

But can anything be done about it?

You're not using Version 4, are you? If you are, then the folder view is controlled by a tiny arrow about halfway down the left side of the DPP window.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

'Unfortunately' that's not it.

Announcements