cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP Won't Save Anything

tennis400
Apprentice

I'm new and just installed DPP 4.13.10.0 on a PC running Windows 10. When I edit a RAW photo and try save as JPG it shows it saving but nothing is  saved. Can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@tennis400 wrote:

Thanks. Yes I tried a different Folder but still no luck saving to a JPG file. I think the issue is my ANTI-VIRUS software (Avast Antivirus). Avast popped up the first time I tried to save and I allowed it but I think it is still stopping the save. Anybody else have this issue?  Thanks, Richard

Try disabling Avast for a few minutes while you save.

FD

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

The Save option in DPP4 saves the edits you made to the RAW file.

If you want to create a JPEG you need to select Convert and save.

Screenshot 2020-12-15 090211.jpg

You can download the DPP manual from here:

Screenshot 2020-12-15 090304.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the quick reply. Your explanation makes perfect sense but unfortunately it still didn't work. It says it is saving to the Filename I specified but nothing is saved. I even use search in Windows Explorer and there is no file with the name I chose. I'll keep trying and will look at the DPP manual. If you have any other thoughts it would be appreciated. Thanks again, Richard

Greetings,

Are you trying to convert and save to the same folder?

Try specifying a different directory.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. Yes I tried a different Folder but still no luck saving to a JPG file. I think the issue is my ANTI-VIRUS software (Avast Antivirus). Avast popped up the first time I tried to save and I allowed it but I think it is still stopping the save. Anybody else have this issue?  Thanks, Richard

@tennis400 wrote:

Try disabling Avast for a few minutes while you save.

FD

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

YES, Disabling AVAST worked! Thanks for all the responses.  Richard

Announcements