Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

DPP 4 tutorial for "adjust specific areas" tab

Hi folks, 

The subject line just about says it all. I have benefitted from esp.the European video series on DPP 4, but they don't seem to cover the "adjust specific areas" tab in the editing window, and I'm floundering a bit using trial and error. Do you know of any good resources?  Thanks!

Wayne

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DPP 4 tutorial for "adjust specific areas" tab

Greetings,

For the benefit of others, this is located on the "Tools Palette".

In earlier versions of DPP. adjustments could only be applied globally to imges when editing.  The "Adjust Specific Area" control allows you to set up to 5 individual areas where you can adjust brightness, hue, contrast and saturation.  You select the area with a brush like tool.  

I don't believe this is covered in the DPP 4 manual.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
Occasional Contributor

Re: DPP 4 tutorial for "adjust specific areas" tab

It is covered in the DPP 4-12-20 help guide on pp 81-84.
There is a short written tutorial here: https://www.eos-magazine.com/articles/dpp/partial-adjustment-tool.html

I have not found a video tutorial. I love the UK videos too, would be great if they added a video addressing this new tool set