cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4 labels transfer

trew
Apprentice

Hi,

is there a way to transfer labels (check marks and ratings) from old computer to a new one?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which camera you have, along with the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

EOS 50D
EOS 5DMII
Windows 10 1809

Tim
Authority

Hello trew, 

To my knowledge there is no method to transfer labels, checkmarks ratings etc., from one computer to another.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Tim. A question about your response based on the way I am reading trew's question..

I opened an image in DPP4 on my PC. I gave it a check and star rating. When I exited DPP4 I said Yes to save image.

Then I copied the image to Dropbox and opened it on my MacBook in DPP4. The star and check ratings were there.

So if trew copies his photos from one computer to another the ratings should still be there.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for answers!
Does it mean, DPP 4 adds the information to the original RAW files?

I believe it records DPP specific info like ratings, check marks, recipes into a special area of the file when you choose Save. 

You can uninstall DPP and reinstall and the info is still there. Those items are not read by Lightroom, Photoshop etc. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Not bad, especially it records the recipes too.
Thanks again.
Announcements