cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4, is there way to assign custom keyboard hot keys?

AlexNc
Contributor

Hi all,

Anybody knows, is there way to override default keyboard hot keys for DPP?

It makes me crazy that Shift + Home / Shift + End combinations are assigned to select first / last photo, instead of select text in the currently focused textbox (which is common behavior for most of Windows programs). My habbit to use this hotkeys leads to unintentional switching from the current image to the first or to the last, which is really anoying....

Another standard combination Ctrl+A also does not work for selection....

13 REPLIES 13

""which will cause the "text" within the control to be automatically sslected once it acquires focus.""

The control does acquire focus.  It does not work they way you want because it does not work they way you want.  I see no point in continuing this discussion.  We are talking past one another.

Again, I suggest that you adapt to how the control actually works, not how you think it should work.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

AlexNc
Contributor

Well, will try to adapt, or probably will switch back to LightRoom where up/downs and navigation are inline with my expectations, probably against rest of the world (at least at version 3).

Thank you for discussion anyway, and sorry about my stubbornness 🙂

@AlexNc wrote:

Well, will try to adapt, or probably will switch back to LightRoom where up/downs and navigation are inline with my expectations, probably against rest of the world (at least at version 3).

Thank you for discussion anyway, and sorry about my stubbornness 🙂

Lightroom uses textbox controls, instead of up/down controls.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Oh... yes, you are right, my mistake.... LR really uses pure textbox, and just have additional behavior to increase / decrease value by up / down keyboard keys.

Announcements