cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4 Trimming / Crop Tool Question

rossco_j
Apprentice

When using DPP 4 Trimming / Crop tool I can't paste changes to multiple images. When using the older DPP 3 version, there was an "apply all" button. This was a very useful feature. I hope it hasn't been deleted in the newer version of software.

DPP4.jpg

Rossco
EOS 7D + 350D + Kit Lenses + EF 100-400 L IS + 24-105 L IS + Manfrotto 682 Monopod
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I don't have time this minute to check it, so don't take this as gospel until you've tried it. But I believe that in V4, unlike its predecessors, cropping is included in the image's recipe. So I think you can make your changes to an image, save them to a recipe file, and then apply that recipe file to as many other images as you like. (Of course you could always do that. The question is whether cropping gets included in the recipe file, and I think that in V4 it does.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In the 4.1 version PDF manual it states:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

@BurnUnit wrote:

Keep in mind also that when you "Copy Recipe" it will also include any other editing changes (White Balance, Brightness, Saturation, Sharpening, Noise Reduction, etc.) that have been made to the image that you copied the recipe from. Which is handy if you're doing the same batch processing to all your selected images.

So, use "Copy and Select Recipe Settings."

DPP_Copy_and_Select.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

So, use "Copy and Select Recipe Settings."

I forgot that you can customize the "ingredients" in your recipe. Just thought that the OP might not have realized that in his case the recipe might make more changes than just his cropping choice.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I’m away from home so can’t check. Can multiple recipes be applied, or does applying a second recipe overwrite the first?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
I’m away from home so can’t check. Can multiple recipes be applied, or does applying a second recipe overwrite the first?

It works just like Lightroom. This dialog lets you select the settings you want to copy, which you can later paste onto other images.  I think the correct answer to your question is no multiple recipes.  You can always save and reload recipes.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements