cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4 Suddenly not showing folders

SamC123
Contributor

Hi,

I use DPP on a daily basis. Nothing has changed on my computer since I ran it yesterday and everything was working fine. I have loaded it today and I have lost the folders from the left hand side. I cannot see anywhere to get this back. 

Please can someone help?

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You just needed to adjust your preferences under tools. Hope you got it working. I just talked to Canon cause I had same problem. Quick fix. Let me know if you need help still.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

SamC123
Contributor

On second look, I'm also missing the top bar which has the BATCH and other buttons. 

Look for really teeny, tiny triangles along the edges of the borders of the user interface.  If you see one, click it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I know which triangles you mean as that was the first thing I looked for as I have in the past intentionally got rid of them so I can see more thumbnails. Alas, they are not there either top or left. Any other ideas?

@SamC123 wrote:

I know which triangles you mean as that was the first thing I looked for as I have in the past intentionally got rid of them so I can see more thumbnails. Alas, they are not there either top or left. Any other ideas?

You may try allowing your mouse to slowly hover and wander around in the area where the folder window and command ribbon would normally appear.  Try to aim for the borders.

This should cause the missing ribbon and window to appear, along with the triangle to lock it in place.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi there SamC123,

I agree with Waddizzle, it sounds like your window has switched to an expanded view of the central area but there should be small arrows on both the left and top sides that should show the expected information when clicked.

SamC123
Contributor
Nope, it definitely isn't at the left side or top. I've made screen maximised, not maximised, on second screen, etc etc ... It just isn't there.

If you've tried the above, and you're still having issues, you may want to reach out to support for one-on-one assistance. Our US-based team is at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 9am to 9pm (ET).

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE for support options in your country/region.

After Canon themselves being less than helpful, and much frustration, I decided to uninstall again, delete anything in the registry relating to Canon or DPP or Digital Photo Professional, restarted PC, then installed 4.11 again ... same problem. I then looked back into my old version zip files. Uninstalled 4.11, tried 4.10, same problem, then tried 4.9 ... YEY, IT WORKED! I have no idea why when I have been running 4.10 since the start of 2019 without problems until yesterday. Anyway, all fixed and needless to say I won't be installing an update for a while. 

You just needed to adjust your preferences under tools. Hope you got it working. I just talked to Canon cause I had same problem. Quick fix. Let me know if you need help still.
Announcements