cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4 - HDR does not work

nelsonsdavis
Contributor
Hello all! I"ve used the HDR feature in my EOS 3d mk3 and it works fine. I wanted to try the HDR feature in DPP4 - and it does not work. Each time select the three photos to use, the error message "could not read image" appears. Anybody know why this is happening and if there is a work around? Using win 10 pro and udated to latest version of DPP (which did not fix the issue - 4.4.30.2). Thanks, Nelson Davis
10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The HDR utility should be able to work with all image types supported by DPP. 

The only other possibility that I can think of is that the files are inaccessible, or that DPP doesn't have authorization to access the files at their current location.  Make sure that DPP is set to run with the highest authority and rights.  In previous versions of Windows it was called "run as Administrator".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have 64 bit or 32 bit W10?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

nelsonsdavis
Contributor
64 bit win 10 pro.

@nelsonsdavis wrote:
64 bit win 10 pro.

Is DPP4 able to process regular JPEG, or RAW, files...both before and after the upgrade? 

Are the files stored on your local hard drive, or on a remote drive?

Can you open the files without DPP, by double clicking on a filename in Windows Explorer?

nelsonsdavis
Contributor
Yes. I can open and edit in dpp, Picasa, etc. I just can't get the hdr utility from within dpp4 to work. I can do hdr in the camera, canon 5 Mk 3.

@nelsonsdavis wrote:
Yes. I can open and edit in dpp, Picasa, etc. I just can't get the hdr utility from within dpp4 to work. I can do hdr in the camera, canon 5 Mk 3.

That is odd, being able to edit files in DPP, but able to open them for a HDR merge. 

You haven't stated where the files are being stored, yet.  I would say re-install DPP4.

james_straker
Apprentice

Hello all !!!! I have the same problem. i'm shooting on EOS 200D, have the latest version (4.8.30.0) on windows 10 (32 bit). When i click on tools i dont see the start HDR tool. i tried alt + y when 2 or 3 pics are selected but still no luck. please help!!!

854C9140-429B-4BD3-B965-DD1CDBCD5E2C.jpegFeature not available with 32-bit W10. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for highlighting. Could you suggest a quality free alternative?

Announcements