cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.9.20 But also Previous Version - Alt Delete Function Not Enabled

canonguy59
Contributor

Hey Guys...

I am a big user of the Alt Delete Function while reviewing images.  Or well I was until the last 2 versions of DPP when it's been grayed out and unusable either with the key short cut or via the drop down. 

I don't see any settings or preferences for it and have no idea why its always grayed out now.

I did have this issue a while back and I think all I needed to do was re-start the app and it came back but not totally sure.

I have just updated to the most recent version in the hope that would repair this...but no good.  I've also killed and re started the app 4 or 5 times and also no good.  I may need to reinstall completely I guess but am trying to avoid that.

Before I get any suggestions to just use Delete... Delete will not work in Image Review and that's my workflow.  It will work in thumbnail review but I can't determine sharpness etc at that scale so not an answer...for me anyway.

Technology

Windows 10 latest Rev.

i7 8700 (not completely sure but high power proc)

32 GB RAM

4 or 6GB Video Card

I don't think my machine is limiting this capability in any way but who knows.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Tim
Authority

Hello canonguy59, 

We're sorry the option for this doesn't seem to be available.  The decisions for which features to include in the software come down from the engineers in Japan. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Tim wrote:

Hello canonguy59, 

We're sorry the option for this doesn't seem to be available.  The decisions for which features to include in the software come down from the engineers in Japan. 

That's a rather depressing answer. Given how much equipment Canon sells in the English-speaking world, i find it almost incredible that no one from that world participates in such decisions. I might feel differently, were it not for the fact that at least the English version of DPP 4 is conspicuously riddled with the results of questionable human factors decisions.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I'm a little confused.  I used to design software.

Why would a designer leave the option in the app if they decided not to use for this market or in the app totally?? 

Doesn't make any sense.

Have you confirmed with the Dev group that the DELETE FROM LIST Option in the EDIT Menu Option has been discontinued????

@canonguy59 wrote:

I'm a little confused.  I used to design software.

Why would a designer leave the option in the app if they decided not to use for this market or in the app totally?? 

Doesn't make any sense.

Have you confirmed with the Dev group that the DELETE FROM LIST Option in the EDIT Menu Option has been discontinued????

Is Alt-Delete the same as "Delete From List"? If so, then I didn't understand you the first time. Maybe it's just a matter of the meaning of "list" in this context. I use "Delete From List" all the time in the latest release of DPP 4, where "list" is "those images in the 'Edit Image' window".

Bob

canonguy59
Contributor
Yeh that’s the function. I use it as I’m doing my 1st cut edits to eliminate images I don’t want to continue editing in Post.

Without it being available DPP goes from a pretty efficient editor to a laborious one.

I wonder how I lost it.... i May have to uninstall and reinstall.

@canonguy59 wrote:
Yeh that’s the function. I use it as I’m doing my 1st cut edits to eliminate images I don’t want to continue editing in Post.

Without it being available DPP goes from a pretty efficient editor to a laborious one.

I wonder how I lost it.... i May have to uninstall and reinstall.

Something is surely amiss.I just ran some tests, and it works fine, as long as the image being removed is in the "Edit Image" window. (And I assume you're aware that the functionality of the "Edit Image" button is not the same as that of the "Edit" command.)

I wouldn't think the operating system would matter; but for the record, I'm using Windows 10 Professional.

Bob
Announcements