cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.8.30.0 stamp tool error message "cannot import image"

kenschneiderusa
Contributor

When using DPP 4.8.30.0 and attempting to stamp out an object in a RAW CR2 image and select the area in the photo I wish to stamp "from" I get an "X" in the circle or someotimes it seems to allow me to copy the seclection but then will not allow me to place it. Either get a question mark or the message: "cannot import image." This happens about 10-20% of the time I attempt to use the stamp tool.

The error almost seems random as I cannot relate it to such factors as the size of the image, wheter it was cropped or otherwise edited before attempting the stamp, or the degree to which I enlarge the image for editing. Does anyone know about how to fix this issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I would start by updating to the current 4.9.2 version because this error may have been something addressed in the updates since 4.8.3 was released.  

In DPP, click on help and check for updates to easily install the latest version.  I remember some flakiness with the stamp tool in one version of DPP but I can't remember which version.  I haven't used it much, primarily to remove a spot in the sky from debris on the sensor I didn't notice while traveling and I don't recall which version of DPP was current at that time but it generated random errors.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

I did update and the problem has not recurred. It seems more stable than the previous version as well. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I would start by updating to the current 4.9.2 version because this error may have been something addressed in the updates since 4.8.3 was released.  

In DPP, click on help and check for updates to easily install the latest version.  I remember some flakiness with the stamp tool in one version of DPP but I can't remember which version.  I haven't used it much, primarily to remove a spot in the sky from debris on the sensor I didn't notice while traveling and I don't recall which version of DPP was current at that time but it generated random errors.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I did update and the problem has not recurred. It seems more stable than the previous version as well. Thanks for the help!

You are welcome. 

I have found a few glitches with 4.9.2 but each version does tend to get more stable.  If you are editing a lot of photos be sure to save fairly often or an unexpected program close will throw away the existing edits to your images, I found this out the hard way and using auto gamma adjustment on certain images seems to cause this program fault.

Rodger

That I have learned, and when I forget it is sure to drop suddenly dead! Thanks!

kenschneiderusa
Contributor
I now have same problem with ver 4.9.20.0. It seems random as noted before. Get "cannot import image" when attempting to apply the correction after i select it.
Announcements