Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: DPP 4.7.20 Convert and Save Issues

I'm going to try one more thing:  tweak the output image quality to see if that makes a difference in the output file.  Should have thought of it sooner.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

GenXRailmedia wrote:

I'm going to try one more thing:  tweak the output image quality to see if that makes a difference in the output file.  Should have thought of it sooner.  

I was about to suggest that. You're at least a jump ahead of me.

I believe you mentioned that some of the pictures that are causing you trouble were created by others. Maybe they had been saved with a sub-optimal image quality, which would compound any effect of you saving at a low quality level. Conceivably, raising the quality level could even make the problem worse. In that case you might want to do the conversion at several quality levels to see what gives the best result.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update: No, this made no difference at all. So now, I guess I'll just have to use DPP strictly for RAW conversion and do all of my other editing in GIMP, which is a pain in itself because I prefer the thumbnails in DPP. GIMP only shows you a small preview window as you scroll through a list -- which for me, is sometimes a huge folder with 1000 images.

I may just revert to my earlier version of DPP...