cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.6.10 Installer not working (OS X El Capitan)

melchorseg
Apprentice

I downloaded DPP, Utility and PED and nothing works, it shows extracting, then nothing happens.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

ObecalpStat
Contributor

I wish I could help.  I can install it on El Capitian (also tried Sierra), but it won't run properly. (look for a new post in this forum describing that ordeal)

I suspect there are issues yet to be worked out that will hopefully soon be resolved so we can both run DPP.

Hang in there, you're not alone.

Firstly, let me grumble and complain that I received NO help whatsoever from Canon regarding this issue, nor has anyone else who's posted a request for this issue.  It's been nearly 4 years since I first had this issue and requested assistance from Canon.  They were clueless.  This really is unacceptable considering the fact that this is their software.

Case senstive formatted APFS is the problem.  I reformatted my Mac tonight and just used APFS (without case sensitivity) and sure enough, DPP now finally runs.  After almost 4 years of f*cking around and dual booting into Windows on my Mac, I have finally solved it, no thanks to Canon.

I only recenlty saw a post regarding Photoshop not running on a Mac with a case sensitive file system and it got me thinking that maybe my DPP issue was the same.

Sorry to tell everyone that you're going to have to backup everything, run disk utility and reformat without case sensitivity, reinstall Mac OS and then you'll be able to run DPP.  What a pain in the butt...

@ObecalpStat wrote:

Firstly, let me grumble and complain that I received NO help whatsoever from Canon regarding this issue, nor has anyone else who's posted a request for this issue.  It's been nearly 4 years since I first had this issue and requested assistance from Canon.  They were clueless.  This really is unacceptable considering the fact that this is their software.

Case senstive formatted APFS is the problem.  I reformatted my Mac tonight and just used APFS (without case sensitivity) and sure enough, DPP now finally runs.  After almost 4 years of f*cking around and dual booting into Windows on my Mac, I have finally solved it, no thanks to Canon.

I only recenlty saw a post regarding Photoshop not running on a Mac with a case sensitive file system and it got me thinking that maybe my DPP issue was the same.

Sorry to tell everyone that you're going to have to backup everything, run disk utility and reformat without case sensitivity, reinstall Mac OS and then you'll be able to run DPP.  What a pain in the butt...

That's a really good catch!  I just wanted to point out that case sensitivity in APFS is disabled by default on new machines.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements