cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.6.10 Angle bug

hdohlmann
Contributor

I have some photos where I rotate and crop the image.

But, when I return to the Image adjustment page, the image is only cropped, not rotated.

If I re-enter the Crop and Rotate tool, the image is shown both with rotation and cropping.

Am I doing something wrong here?

dpp-rotate bug 01.PNG

dpp-rotate bug 02.PNG

25 REPLIES 25

thx. For this and other reasons, I have given up on DPP as my main raw converter and only use it from time to time to see how it renders the colours.

@hdohlmann wrote:

Thx, pseudopanax.

I can confirm the bug is still present in DPP 4.8.20 😞

Is the firmware of your G15 up to date? And if so, does the problem still occur with pictures that were shot with the latest firmware in place?

There would seem to be two possibilities. Either a bug in DPP 4 is causing some G15 RAW files not to be handled correctly, or the G15 sometimes produces a subtly corrupted RAW file that confuses DPP 4. If the latter, it's conceivable that an intervening firmware update has fixed the problem (possibly accidentally), which could account for Canon's seeming inability to find what should be a fairly conspicuous bug. (That's assuming, of course, that they've spent some time looking for it, and I guess we have to give them the benefit of the doubt.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Ah, thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of checking the firmware. I'll get on to it and let you know.

hdohlmann
Contributor

I couldn't find anything either

Amazing!

The new DPP 4.9.20 now correctly apply the rotation for the attached image 🙂

Now, I will go and test if the auto adjust bug has been solved as well...

Announcements