cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.5.20 Memory error during Gama Auto Tune

marlowefamily
Apprentice

Been using DPP for 6+ months now.  First time I have ever seen a memory error in the software.  First checked that other programs were closed, verified nothing using memory in task manager, rebooted computer, attempted to perform operation on same image...got error again.  Nothing obviously corrected in image.

Flash card is a San Disk 256GB U3, no previous history of any corruption on it.  Image transfered to internal SSD of a microsoft surface pro i7/16GB/512GB.  No previous reports of disk corruption on that hardware either.

All other operations on the image appear to work correctly.  At the moment, I have to assume there is a bug in DPP that the occasional rare image triggers.

6 REPLIES 6

DPP is a memory hog; maybe it actually has run out of memory. But 4.5.20 isn't the latest version of DPP 4. You should install and try the latest version (4.6.10, IIRC) before you give up.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Upgraded to 4.6.10 - rebooted computer - checked memory utilization before dpp ran, even killed firefox to ensure all systems resources were available.  Crashes only on one file when doing gamma auto.

Computer is a Surface Pro 4 with 16GB ram, 512GB SSD, i7 w/ Intel Iris Pro GPU (skylake I think). 

The GPU is strong enough to run lightroom w/o problems(I used lightroom for a year before switching to DPP in January, and I also occasionally use ACDsee ultimate on it w/o problem.  This is also the first time I've had an issue w/ DPP that caused any kind of consistant crash.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"Flash card is a San Disk 256GB U3"

What type of camera?  That is a pretty high capacity card.  BTW, what does i7/16GB/512GB supposed to mean?  DPP4 runs best when you have a separate video card and it runs its' worse on a budget laptop.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You transfered files to laptop, correct? Can you open that file with another software, may the Windows viewer? that would tell you if the file is corrupt.

I never had issues with 1D X files on a W7, i7/16B desktop.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Camera is Canon 80D.  Transferred images to computer over wifi.  Yesterdays batch had 600 raw files. 

Try disabling GPU in Preferences and restart DPP.

From DPP manual:

Capture.JPG

Found this via Google:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3578664

If that doesn't help give canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements