Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

DPP 4.14 cannot access Digital Lens Optimizer

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Please be patient with me - I am new to this forum and new to the DPP application which I have just started trying to use with my new EOS R5 and 24-105mm f4L lens.

When I try to edit images in DPP 4.14 and click on the "Perform image lens correction" button in the Tool Palette, the sub-window that opens has no shooting distance information displayed, the Digital Lens Optimizer tick-box is unchecked and there is a "Lens Data: No" message showing.

OK, I think, I must need to hit the button with the 'curly arrow' in order to download/access the data for my lens, but when I do this I get an error window pop-up that states "Lens downloading is not available. A compatible version of EOS Lens Registration Tool is not installed."

I am running DPP 4.14 on a Mac with BigSur OS 11.2.3.

When I look on the Canon UK website and look at Big Sur software support for the R5, the EOS Lens Registration Tool is not offered.  However, I do have version 1.13.10 loaded on my Mac, but if I run this with my R5 attached the Lens List reads: "This lens does not need to be registered on this camera".  The same happens if use Camera Settings> Register Lens Aberration Correction Data (which sends me to the Lens Registration Tool).

Am I a rookie simply doing something wrong here or is there an issue with DPP 4.14??

Many thanks in anticipation of any advice/help.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DPP 4.14 cannot access Digital Lens Optimizer

You are using RAW images, right?

New Contributor

Yes, I am using RAW images - I do not save JPEG's in-camera.

@kvbarkley wrote:

You are using RAW images, right?

New Contributor

UPDATE: Problem Solved.

No response whatsoever from Canon to my requests for help.

However, after trying many different things, I did a complete removal of ALL Canon software from my Mac and then a fresh install of all apps. This has brought the DLO function to DPP 4 to life and I am now able to download lens data.

So, in summary, a problem that is associated with updating the EOS utility, Lens Registration and DPP apps from earlier versions.