cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.12.20.3

tmfct
Apprentice

Capture.PNG

I have been using DPP4  for a few years, and I decided to check to see if there was any updates.  There was, so I installed version 4.12.20.3 from the Canon web site, an the software is almost unusable.  I keep getting a pop up that says "In progress...Please wait."  Its gets stuck on 95% for over a full mimute at a time.  If it came up once I could live wth it.  But it comes up repeatedly though my session.  If it can't be fixed, is there a way to go back to the older version?

6 REPLIES 6

Ray-uk
Whiz

I have just updated to the latest version and it is 4.13.10.0 so perhaps you should try the newer version. Mine didn't show the window like yours when it updated, it showed a proper Canon labelled window with more information in it, I think what you are seeing is the download window.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The issue  you are experiencing is related to your software envirionment.

As, Ray-UK pointed out, you may as well run the latest version of DPP and not  something from early April this year.

Best way to resolve:

Close running programs > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall Canon DPP version(Whatever you have now).

Now run the v4.13.10 installer (latest available as of November) and be done.

There is nothing wrong with the latest release.  I have it installed on 2 devices.  Its stable.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

The issue  you are experiencing is related to your software envirionment.

As, Ray-UK pointed out, you may as well run the latest version of DPP and not  something from early April this year.

Best way to resolve:

Close running programs > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall Canon DPP version(Whatever you have now).

Now run the v4.13.10 installer (latest available as of November) and be done.

There is nothing wrong with the latest release.  I have it installed on 2 devices.  Its stable.  

In the limited cases where Rick's guidance won't work you may need a free product like IObit Uninstaller, which will wipe out any residual files that the Windows uninstaller doesn't remove.

Next step would be free version of CCleaner to do a registry clean.

I had a problem with DPP that multiple uninstall/reinstalls didn't resolve. One pass with CCleaner and all was well.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John,

Happy Holidays!

See this as well.  

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed (microsoft.com)

I've used it successfully where CCCleaner, Revo, etc didn't work.  

Works exceptionally well on ferriting out and resolving corrupt or orphaned registry entries.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for this link Rick.

MS used to have a fixit app that worked very well but it was discontinued. Glad to see they issued this.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

tmfct
Apprentice

thanks for the replies.  After I posted, I had an idea - the folder where I dump my pictures was getting pretty large.  I created a new folder, and moved just my lsst months pictures to it, and the problem disapeared.  

Announcements