cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.12.0 - Unable to select multiple images in List View

LRye
Contributor

Curious if anyone else has this problem--I'm running Mac OS Catalina with the latest version of Digital Photo Professional, and I'm unable to select and perform any operation on multiple images when using the List View. 

Shift or CMD + click on multiple images appears to select multiple images, however when attempting any batch operation or attempting to drag those images to another location only one image will be operated upon. 

That functionality works when in the thumbail views, but sorting in the thumbnail views doesn't work the same as in a list view, so it's not terribly useful to me. 

Thanks!

Smiley Happy 

Edit: I have deleted all files associated with previous installations, restarted, and reinstalled the most recent versions of DPP. The application behavior didn't change. All possible permissions are enabled. 

Robot Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. 10.15.3.

"however when attempting any batch operation" How are you doing the attempted batch?

If you don't use batch processing module I believe it will always be operating on a single image. Look at around page 134 of the manual - I am looking at the Windows manual.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Ray-uk
Whiz

What exactly is "List View". I only use DPP on Windows so unless the Mac version is totally different "List View" doesn't make sense.

EDIT.... Just found list view (can't really see any adavatage to using it)  and it works with batch file processing so I think your problem must be either the Mac version is different or your copy of DPP has a problem.

Might be the Mac version...

The advantage to using list view comes from using multiple cameras on a shoot and its ability to sort according to capture time so that each image is sequential. Otherwise the default sort behavior for thumbnail view is per camera, so sorting has to happen afterwards. 

Thanks for the reply. I will probably just switch to using other software. 

I am using the Windows version so thumbnail view may also differ from Mac but I shoot sports with three cameras (1DX, 1DX 2, and 5DS R) and have it set so thumbnails are sorted by shooting date/time within the directory. 

For the Windows version of DPP, go to Tools/Preferences/View Settings and set default sort order to date and time ascending.  This setting has all of the thumbnails appearing in order shot regardless of which body is used.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@LRye wrote:

Might be the Mac version...

The advantage to using list view comes from using multiple cameras on a shoot and its ability to sort according to capture time so that each image is sequential. Otherwise the default sort behavior for thumbnail view is per camera, so sorting has to happen afterwards. 

Thanks for the reply. I will probably just switch to using other software. 

Uh, have you tried using the Filter functionality?  You can sort by "Shooting Date/Time".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah, the filter still groups the images by camera body number after its initial filtering, so no matter what I do I still get camera body as a first priority and then image number/capture time/etc as the second priority. 

One other note is that I'm not using the thumbnails as a visual reference and so another reason I like the list view is because it's not rendering those thumbnails needlessly. I'm just dragging batches into other programs so that I can do more fine editing. If I can't drag them in any way unless they're thumbnails, the DPP software doesn't really serve a purpose for me. 

Thanks for everyone who has tried to help. I hoped there was an easier option than adding steps to the workflow. 

Have a good one! 😄 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@LRye wrote:

Curious if anyone else has this problem--I'm running Mac OS Catalina with the latest version of Digital Photo Professional, and I'm unable to select and perform any operation on multiple images when using the List View. 

Shift or CMD + click on multiple images appears to select multiple images, however when attempting any batch operation or attempting to drag those images to another location only one image will be operated upon. 

That functionality works when in the thumbail views, but sorting in the thumbnail views doesn't work the same as in a list view, so it's not terribly useful to me. 

Thanks!

Smiley Happy 

Edit: I have deleted all files associated with previous installations, restarted, and reinstalled the most recent versions of DPP. The application behavior didn't change. All possible permissions are enabled. 

Robot Happy

I tried this using both the Windows and mac)S versions of DPP.

Selected a half dozen files and selected Batch Process. All of the files were operated on.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Are you using Mac OS Catalina? Because I'm still not able to select more than one image. 

I should note that I am not using the batch functionality. 

Yes. 10.15.3.

"however when attempting any batch operation" How are you doing the attempted batch?

If you don't use batch processing module I believe it will always be operating on a single image. Look at around page 134 of the manual - I am looking at the Windows manual.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm trying to either drag and drop a group of images in another location or on an app icon to open in another application.

I've also tried the "Tools/Transfer to Photoshop" option, but it sends only a single image at a time which has been converted to a TIFF. That's not very useful for my workflow.

Thanks for the info! I'll mark this as solved. 

Announcements