cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.10.50.1 Batch Process Windows 8.1 hangs

MikeVG694
Apprentice

After performing a batch process to convert .CR2 to .JPG, when exiting the converter progress bar dialog, the program flashes a few screens then hangs my computer.  Only the mouse cursor is alive, all other normal things are gone including Ctrl-Alt-Del.  My only recourse is to reboot.  I've tried it with and without the "close this window when done converting (?)" checkbox checked.  Fortunately the conversion process does complete.  Until that bug is fixed I'll set my 80D to save both raw and jpeg.  My Win 8.1 laptop is always reliable, but has met its match with DPP 4.10.50.1.

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model camera you're using DPP with (it's usually on the front or top of the camera). It's also helpful to know if you're seeing any error messages, and what they say. 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support resources in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

It's an 80D, but I hope it is a DPP4 problem not a camera problem!

Tim
Authority

MikeVG694, 

We are sorry that this has occured.  About how many images were you attempting to batch process at the time this occurs? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Mike,

Is your keyboard locking up when this glitch occurs?  Not being able to enter task manager via crtl alt del is usually from this issue.  This could be a case where an out of date driver is causing the issue.  If you don't want to go through manually updating all of your computer drivers, there are some pretty cheap programs out there which do it automatically on a regular basis and might well be worth the time savings.  I ended up getting one of these two years ago when I was dealing with 8.1 issues on an older laptop.

One thing I notice with 4.10.50.1 is that processor loading spike quite a bit more when it starts most image editing tasks than it did with earlier versions but it quickly drops to a low range (at least on my desktop and laptop) but this temporary spike may be creating an issue.  You might try killing all unnecessary apps and services and then try the batch process again.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements