cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.10.40 crash

GP1
Apprentice

I have downloaded the latest version (as of 8/15/19) of DPP 4 in the hopes it would fix the crash on edit image issue, but the same problem occurs.  In fact, it happens with ALL available versions of DPP.  I am on Win 8.1 64 -

ANyone having the same problem?  Is there a solution?

TIA!

15 REPLIES 15

ztbell21
Apprentice

Just reformatted my Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga (Intel Core i5 64-bit multi-core processor, 16 GB RAM, 256GB SSD) and re-downloaded the latest version of DPP (4.11). Both 4.10.40 and 4.11 crash right after I open DPP on the ThinkPad.

It's not as much of an issue on a slower Pentium CPU (which I run on my custom desktop). The app started crashing more often recently and now crashes every time I re-open it. I've tried re-installing the app, re-installing Windows 10, and reformatting the laptop then reinstalling again, only to feel HELPLESS trying to fix this issue on my own.

Is there a bug or a software conflict that could be causing this crash?

alexpilion
Enthusiast

What are exactly all the available versions of DPP you tried ?

I had crash on edit image, just over CR2 files after upgrading from a very old version to 4.10.50 on a Windows 7 x64 machine (homebuilt machine using AMD Phenom X4 , 12GB RAM and Nvidia 1050ti GPU)
Then I tried 4.10.20 , same results, no way to edit pics until I fetched an old dowloaded version, 4.7.21.

Once installed this have been working without any issue, not on evryday use but for about one year I NEVER had a crash. Nothing else changed on the system, not a single windows update just the old version, maybe you have an unlucky system that works fine only with such old versions too...

I've used versions from 4.0.0 on up. Only the latest 3 give me trouble on this fairly new laptop.

4.10.20 was the last version that worked on here.

Brilliant, that helped me. I figured out that 4.10.20 is almost working, basically it crashes only if I try to work on CR2 raw which has enabled the Automatic Lightning Optimization, but anyway I preferred to get stuck to 4.7.21 which has everything working as far as now.
Just wondering, can you set ALO checked on without troubles on DPP version 4.10.20?

ztbell21
Apprentice
Update: I re-formatted the drive and tried a clean reinstall of DPP 4.11 again last night... And this time it worked. Fingers crossed...

ztbell21
Apprentice
And this issue had NOTHING to do with ALO.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements