cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 3 or 4 will not edit my RAW files from my T6s

Myke
Contributor

Just bought a T6s and loaded the new DPP 4 for editing. That program will not support this camera. I get small thumnails that I can't do anything with. I re-loaded DPP 3, since I thought DPP 4 would be all I needed. However, I can't get the images to show up in DPP 3 either, I get white boxes with an X through them, and no photo info shows.

I am mystified as to why Canon would include DPP 4 when it does not support the camera, and then leave me hanging because DPP 3 doesn't work with the camera either. I can upload the RAW and jpeg files with the EOS Utility, but they don't show up in the software, DDP 3 & 4.

Even though I have Lightroom & Photoshop CC 2015, I find it ridiculous that Canon does not support their cameras, or some of them which I am sure are thousands upon thoudands of people that own the Rebel series of cameras, and others, leaving us in the darkroom with no digital chemicals to process the files so to speak.

Anyone know something about this ridiculous dilemna and a way to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There must be something else that is going on.  I can upload images from my Rebel T5, and configure the EOS utility to open up DPP4, instead of DPP3, where I can edit both RAW and JPEG files, without problem.  I'm running a Windows 7 PC to do that, BTW.

What type of platform are you using to run the software?  Do you have the latest revisions, which are available at Canon's web site for download?  You may require the serial number on your camera to download some files, though. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, have all updates, running Windows 7 - 64 bit on a Gateway PC, i7 processor, 8GB RAM. I can't use the software that came with my T6s, (DPP 4) which I find ludicrous, nor can I use DPP 3 with the camera. I still have Lightroom, and Photoshop CC 2015, but DPP was quicker for edits that I do not want to go into detail with. I can't believe Canon would exclude this top Rebel camera from working on their software.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements