cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted CR2 and JPG files.

bathwal
Apprentice

I transferred 120 GB (approx. 31K pictures) to an external drive and now I can’t see the icons for pictures for many of the pictures.  And when I try to open the pictures using Picasa, which use to open the pictures, I can’t see the shots.  The pictures were taken with a variety of cameras but the primary one was a 5D (the oldest model).  I’m not sure where to go for help with this.  I would really appreciate any guidance on how to repair the pictures myself or professional services that do this.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi bathwal!

Thanks for the post.

It sounds to me like the data on the external drive may have become corrupted and needs to be recovered.  Canon does not make software that can do this, but such software does exist.  You may want to contact the manufacturer of your external drive to see if they have any recommendations about what recovery software you should use.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi bathwal!

Thanks for the post.

It sounds to me like the data on the external drive may have become corrupted and needs to be recovered.  Canon does not make software that can do this, but such software does exist.  You may want to contact the manufacturer of your external drive to see if they have any recommendations about what recovery software you should use.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Mike,

I'll give your suggestion a try

Sincerely,

Chandra

Announcements