cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert and save in DPP only goes to 20%

rlt53090
Apprentice

Just wondering if I am the only one. If I process a raw in DPP from my R, the bar only goes to 20%. It does look OK. If I do the same thing with raws from my 90D, the bar goes to 100% as would be expected. NO errors and using the latest version.

2 REPLIES 2

Peter
Authority
Authority

@rlt53090 wrote:

Just wondering if I am the only one. If I process a raw in DPP from my R, the bar only goes to 20%. It does look OK. If I do the same thing with raws from my 90D, the bar goes to 100% as would be expected. NO errors and using the latest version.

Have you checked if your GPU is taking over instead? My other raw converter puts as much as possible to the GPU instead of CPU.

I tried DPP4 in Virtual box (only 8 threads and no GPU) .First one EOS R. Second one 90D. Got 70% with R and 90% with 90D.

EOS-R.png

90D.png

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I have noticed that behavior in previous versions of DPP with 1DX III files but the current version shows 100% with the files from all of my different bodies including the 1DX III.  As long as it is completing the operation, I wouldn't be concerned. 

And nothing is more useless than a PC displaying percent of file completion, it is like the frequent updates from the failed abortion also known as Windows 10 where the first 80% of the update takes 5 minutes and the next 20% takes 25 minutes.  Percentage of time complete would be a useful metric.

DPP could be a much more useful software package with just a few improvements and having an option to NOT display that useless percentage complete splash screen is one of them.  When I am editing a bunch of RAW files, I really don't need to have a splash screen in the way of working on the next one while DPP is providing a useless message that takes up a large place on the screen and moving it out of the way is just another wasted step.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements