07-12-2019 04:49 PM
My Canon Connect wi-fi password is a very long list of numbers, nothing I could ever remember. Does anyone know of a simple way to change that password into something an old photographer might remember? Thanks
07-20-2019 04:40 PM
There are some things that we would like to check.
First, in the iOS Wi-Fi settings
1. Go to Settings> Wi-Fi on the iOS device and touch the little blue "i" in a circle next to the camera's SSID (which should show connected, but may not).
2. Choose "Forget This Network".
3. Then, start from the beginning to re-establish a Wi-Fi connection between the iOS device and the camera.
The second part we would like to check is below.
At times, the Canon Camera Connect application for iOS may behave incorrectly when attempting to connect an iOS device to a camera via Wi-Fi. Deleting the app's saved state in the background can oftentimes correct this. This does not harm the app or the device and simply causes the app to launch with a default "state", which can eliminate many issues that prevent the app from connecting to the camera and performing correctly.
To delete the saved state for Canon Camera Connect, do one of the following:
On an iOS device with a Home Button (prior to the iPhone X):
Delete the app's saved state by double-clicking the home button, scroll through the saved states of the apps and find the Canon Camera Connect app, then swipe it up to delete it.
Re-launch the app.
On the iPhone X:
1. Swipe up from the bottom to the middle of your screen and hold until you see the App Switcher.
2. Swipe left or right to find the Camera Connect app.
3. Swipe up on the Camera Connect app to delete it's background saved state.
4. Re-launch the app.
NOTE: If the Canon Camera Connect app is not performing properly or the camera does not remain connected when attempting to connect with Canon Camera Connect, always attempt to delete the saved state of the app BEFORE uninstalling and re-installing the app and before doing a hard re-boot of the device. This should be troubleshooting step #1 when troubleshooting Canon Camera Connect.
We also recommended ensuring that your iOS device is updated to the latest version.