cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Canon EOS Webcam Utility Offline Image

headspace_mind
Apprentice

Hey there guys, Im using the Canon EOS 200D Mark II with the Canon Webcam Utility. However it disconnects quite often.

Ive tried many ways to prevent that error (change battery, change usb cable, change usb port, reninstall software) . However it still occurs at any random time during streaming.

Is there any way I can atleast replace the error message image with some custom image?

q639rkbzxzv51.png

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Can you change the image?  I seriously doubt it.  I believe that little Red X means the computer does not detect a camera connected to a USB port.

Is your camera in Movie Mode?  What streaming app are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Its in Movie Mode and I use OBS Studio. The webcam utility works normally most of the time. But sometimes it disconnects or the camera itself crashes with the dreaded Error 70. Thats when this error image appears.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

On the mac, if you could actually find the application (It only puts an uninstaller in the apps folder) you might be able to open the package contents and change the image.

@kvbarkley wrote:

On the mac, if you could actually find the application (It only puts an uninstaller in the apps folder) you might be able to open the package contents and change the image.

You're assuming that the "offline image" is a separate file, and not an embedded resource, which is infinitely more secure.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Im using Windows 10. Ill browse through the installed location and check though.

bigbigpoo
Apprentice

C:\ProgramData\Canon\EOS Webcam Utility

Announcements