cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon software

thirdherd
Contributor

Need some advice. I'm working with two Canon cameras and Canon software and Lighroom/Photoshop. I have the 6D full frame and the 7D small frame and use Canon utility and Digital Professional.  When I hook up a cable to download from my 6D MK2 the software replies it doesn't recognize the camera! How do I get it to recognize it? It presents no option to download from the SD card.

I'm able to download from my 7D MK2 with the cable but when I try and download off the CF card reader I can only get JPEG images and not RAW images. The software is Digital Photo Professional and EOS utility. I am able to download from the CF card with Nikon software and Lightroom, but when I try and load the image all I get is the thumbnail. I have been able to download from the SD cards from both models but not from the CF card in the 7D.,

I have no issues downloading via cable or SD card from my Nikons using Nikon software or Lighroom/Photoshop, but obviously I have much to learn about the Canon system.  Bear in mind I'm a bit of a novice with digital. Any short answers?

12 REPLIES 12

Mr Biggs you have lost me. All I wanted was info on accessing the Canon software. Never intended to turn it into anything resembling Ford Vs Chevy. I've taken outstanding images with Nikon, I've taken crap images with Nikon, and the same can be said about my Canons, Pentax or Mamiyas. I'm relatively new to digital post processing and my intent was to draw from the expertise of others more experienced. Nothing more nothing less, and certainly no brand loyalty agenda.

Correct I am not into brand loyalty. I just stated what I personally see and do.

My intention was to get you to see the benefit of using LR/PS, as I think you stated you already have them, in favor of the companies brand software. If on the other hand you do prefer to use DPP and the Nikon software you need to ask Robert or John. Use whatever works for you,whether it is their gear or software.  That was my intent. Sorry if it was not clear.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you. Now that we're straight I have to add that using the Nik/Can software, which are much simpler, it has allowed me a better understanding of the more complex PS/Lightroom. I have learned much from them. The Canon software for example revealed the Publishing Manager in Lightroom, and opened this door for me.

Thanks again.

Announcements