Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon software

Mr Biggs you have lost me. All I wanted was info on accessing the Canon software. Never intended to turn it into anything resembling Ford Vs Chevy. I've taken outstanding images with Nikon, I've taken crap images with Nikon, and the same can be said about my Canons, Pentax or Mamiyas. I'm relatively new to digital post processing and my intent was to draw from the expertise of others more experienced. Nothing more nothing less, and certainly no brand loyalty agenda.

VIP

Correct I am not into brand loyalty. I just stated what I personally see and do.

My intention was to get you to see the benefit of using LR/PS, as I think you stated you already have them, in favor of the companies brand software. If on the other hand you do prefer to use DPP and the Nikon software you need to ask Robert or John. Use whatever works for you,whether it is their gear or software.  That was my intent. Sorry if it was not clear.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. Now that we're straight I have to add that using the Nik/Can software, which are much simpler, it has allowed me a better understanding of the more complex PS/Lightroom. I have learned much from them. The Canon software for example revealed the Publishing Manager in Lightroom, and opened this door for me.

Thanks again.