cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Utility (Remote Camera Control) and Windows 10

Mike8
Enthusiast

I'm using a Canon Rebel T6s DSLR camera with a Motic BA 300 trinocular microscope.  I'm attempting to remotely control the camera on my Windows 10 computer with lastest version of the Canon Utility, i.e., EU3.  I successfully installed the utility,  but it will not open with Windows 10.  Similarly,  I installed it on my MacBookPro and had no problem at all.  I've tried just about everything to get the utility to work with Windows 10 including compeltely erasing the computer and starting over.  I'm considering ridding my computer of Windows 10 and perhaps iinstalling an earlier version,  one more friendly toward Canon software.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Mike8
Enthusiast

I forgot to ask if anyone knows of an earlier version of the Canon Utility,  not EU3,  that will work with Windows 10,  and where to go to download it.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

When you connect the camera to your PC, does Windows even see it?  Can you see the camera in Windows Explorer?

BTW, on some Windows PCs the EOS Utility needs a jump.  Try going into Programs folder on the C: Drive, and manually starting the EOSUtility3 executable file.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements