Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Canon Utilities not Recognizing Canon 5D MK IV

Just built a new computer, (Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 9 3900x, 64gb of ram) downloaded the newest version of Canon utilities from the Canon 5D MK IV Drivers and Downloads page, and when I connect the camera via USB it says no camera connected, although it will let me connect over wifi, but the download speeds on that seemed pretty slow, like 2 minutes per image. I have been using Canon cameras and Canon Utility to download, since the 40D in 2009. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
VIP

Re: Canon Utilities not Recognizing Canon 5D MK IV

I suggest that you take a look at the "Supporting Documents" associated with the Canon Utilities.

EC890607-E756-4846-A8D2-7903E08CC697.jpeg

Canon appears to specify Intel Core.chipsets and NVidia graphics hardware exclusively. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

is your cameras wifi active when you connect?

i have a 70D with the wifi active it will not do anything with the usb port. i have to turn it off in the camera.

a ftb n ti1 70d 5d mk3 lens, 50 1.8mk1 50mm 1.4 16-35 4.0isL 400mm 5.6L
etc. using canon slrs from 1975
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Honestly it's embarrassing that Canon doesn't support AMD-based systems in 2020.