cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Utility Software and WIN 7

xbbradley
Apprentice

Greetings,

I installed my Canon Solutions Software that I received with my 30D years ago on my WIN 7 computer.  When I

connect the camera, the computer does not detect.   Can you help???

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_30...

Download the latest version of EOS Utility from the site above and see if the solves the problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

There are no drivers needed for the computer to see the camera.  You do not even need the software and the computer should still see the camera.  If it doesn't you need to check out why the computer is not seeing it.  Not the software.

If your old software is Win 7 compatible it may serve you better than the newest. Canon will drop some of the older models from time to time.

And of course there is always a card reader.  Probably the most compatible of anything.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ok..let me rephrase.  The computer see's the camera.  The Canon Utility software does not recognize it...

Because of that It will not start upon connecting the camera to the computer.  If I manually start the software, all

camera related options are grayed out on the preference screens.

I will try installing the newer version of the software to see if that works and report my outcome here.

thanks for replying to my question....

Announcements