Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Canon Connect

@AaronD wrote:

Not essential, because my work around is to just not use the app.  It would be nice.

Which camera are you using?  Does it have both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi?  Your iPad can not connect to multiple hotspots at once.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

I'm using the R with it.  Much improved over the 5Div but still flakey enough that I don't use it if I'm in a rush or with someone watching over my shoulder.  I try not to bumble more than necessary.  

What got me started on this was seeing the Hasselblad version of Connect is updated now--I've always thought that looked perfect with its cord directly into both iPad and camera.  But I really don't know.  

Too much time on my hands lately.

Just because I don't pose with a camera to my eye doesn't mean I'm not a dork.
VIP

@AaronD wrote:

I'm using the R with it.  Much improved over the 5Div but still flakey enough that I don't use it if I'm in a rush or with someone watching over my shoulder.  I try not to bumble more than necessary.  

What got me started on this was seeing the Hasselblad version of Connect is updated now--I've always thought that looked perfect with its cord directly into both iPad and camera.  But I really don't know.  

Too much time on my hands lately.

I do not know why Canon included the outdated NFC technology in the 5D4.  The 5D4 lacking Bluetooth is why I passed over it in favor of the 6D2.  Bluetooth makes the wireless connectivity easy as pie.  Using Bluetooth does not interfere with the whatever Wi-Fi connection you might have setup in your tablet or mobile device.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support 

If you do not have a copy of the Wireless User Manual, you can use the above link to find your specific camera support page, and download it at the above link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."