cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Connect App

LynneGates
Apprentice
The canon connect app is on my phone. When I tap the icon to open the program, the program will not open. It tries to open and it goes to a white screen and then immediately shuts down. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app still, the same problem. I shut down my phone and restarted and the app still will not open. The wifi connection is there but I cannot open the actual app. Help!
2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LynneGates,

Thank you for posting.

I recommend that you uninstall the Camera Connect app, then reinstall it. When you uninstall the app, please be sure that any saved state has been removed before re-installing. To do this, double click the home button and swipe the Canon Connect App up and off the screen so that is disappears.

Before reinstalling the app, please turn your phone off (not a restart) for about 10 seconds, or so, then restart your phone and re-install the app.

If you continue to encounter difficulty, Canon is aware of this issue and is working on a solution. This solution should be available within a few days.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

LynneGates
Apprentice
Thank you, Richard. I followed your instructions to the letter. It worked. Although I thought I had done that. The only thing was that I had to get a new encryption code again. Figured that out.

Can I have both my iPad and iPhone connected to the Camera connect. Have not been able to make them both work.

Thank you again for your quick response.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements