cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect

a_tonofwinter
Apprentice
I am trying to pair my Google Pixel 2 to my Canon Rebel T7i via bluetooth. When I tried to connect my phone to the WiFi on the camera, I had to use the NFC method and when I did, my phone would only stay connected to the camera for a couple of seconds.

So now I'm trying to connect using the bluetooth, and my Canon will show up on my phone to connect to. However when I go to click the name and it shows that the pairing is in process and then it just stops pairing after a couple seconds. I tried clearing the cache of the Canon Camera Connect app on my phone and that did nothing.

Also on my camera when I go to the Bluetooth function after clicking on Wireless Communication Settings, the pairing button is faded out and I can't click on it. At first I thought that meant my camera was connecting to my phone, but then after some research I realized that you're supposed to be able to click on that button and then the pairing process begins. Please help, I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Is your camera in USB or wireless mode?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

a_tonofwinter
Apprentice
How do I check that? Also when I went to change the display settings, it brought up this balance test thing, where I have to tilt the camera and line it up with this red line until it turns green. How do I fix this? Everytime I click out of the menu it goes to it.

a_tonofwinter
Apprentice
Nevermind, I just turned my camera off and it stopped doing that!
Announcements