cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect - Smartphone Image Storage Location

BHC
Apprentice

I have a canon Powershot sx720 and am using the Canon Camera Connect via NFC/Wifi to transfer pictures to my Galaxy S8.  When transferring pictures they end up on the S8's internal storage and not the external SD card. 

How can I change the location where the pictures are stored on the camera to the external storage.  It appers the default location is where the Canon Camera Connect application is loaded on the smartphone.

8 REPLIES 8

bgmurray
Apprentice

I have this exact problem and it is driving me crazy - does anyone know how to fix this?

I have an EOS 80D and a Samsung Tab A 10.1. Using Canon Camera Connect it transfers my photos to my tablet but always to the internal memory - not the large SD card I purchased for this purpose. I cant find any way to change the storage path.

Please help.

thanks

Bruce 

Tim
Authority

Hello BHC and BGMURRAY, 

There is no method to change the file path location within the Camera Connect Application.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

adriansuri
Contributor
Is there any possibility of making this an option in settings in the next update

Chrism
Apprentice
Tim,
It is a huge inconvenience. Since I can't have it store in my camera path in the phone, the photos do not auto upload to my nas (cloud location). If I could just change the path, then with two button clicks at the end of the day, all my photos would upload to my nas storage from anywhere in the world without touching a memory chip. Instead I have to open multiple devices, movie files around and initiate separate file transfers. These camera just just about be auto uploading directly from the camera to a cloud based system with the current system, if we could simply change the storage path.

Peter
Authority
Authority
Tried a different app like Camera connect & control?

mcquade181
Apprentice

This problem is now two years old and there are complaints even older than that and the latest version of the app still can't save files to SD cards.

In many cases (where the phone/tablet has limited memory) this makes the app essentially useless, and forces people to use 3rd party paid apps like "Camera Connect & Control" instead.

The Nikon app doesn't have this problem.

Canon please pull your finger out and add this feature to the next version of the app.

EricC1001
Apprentice
Agreed. This is a 2011 app issue it doesn't belong in 2019 from the supporting app of prodessional grade cameras.

PowerJP
Apprentice

Has anyone tried to create a directory symbolic link or junction to send the files to the SD card?

Announcements