Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon Camera Connect App removes GPS location info when transferring pictures

[ Edited ]

Camera: Canon PowerShot SX620 HS

Canon Camera Connect App: Android 2.4.30.14 (build 1034) and iPad iOS 2.4.31.16 (build 1048)

After setting the Canon Camera Connect App to record location and taking pictures with my PowerShot, the GPS location info is successfully added to the pictures when I resync.

But, after that when I use Camera Connect to transfer the pictures from the Camera to my Galaxy S8 or iPad, I go to the picures on my Galaxy S8 or iPad and GPS location info is gone from the pictures.

This issue has been reported before on an older thread:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/Camera-Connect-App-User-Guide/td-p/148802/page/9

Thanks to that thread, I found out I have to remove the SD card from the camera and use an SD card adapter to transfer the pictures directly to my Galaxy S8 and iPad. This is not as convenient as transferring the pictures directly with the Camera Connect App, but at least the GPS location info is preverved when transferring the pictures with an SD card adapter.

This has been a known issue, when will this issue be fixed?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon Camera Connect App removes GPS location info when transferring pictures

[ Edited ]

@jjemil808 wrote:

Camera: Canon PowerShot SX620 HS

Canon Camera Connect App: Android 2.4.30.14 (build 1034) and iPad iOS 2.4.31.16 (build 1048)

After setting the Canon Camera Connect App to record location and taking pictures with my PowerShot, the GPS location info is successfully added to the pictures when I resync.

But, after that when I use Camera Connect to transfer the pictures from the Camera to my Galaxy S8 or iPad, I go to the picures on my Galaxy S8 or iPad and GPS location info is gone from the pictures.

This issue has been reported before on an older thread:

https://freejobalert.vip/ https://gimp.software/ https://notepad.software/

Thanks to that thread, I found out I have to remove the SD card from the camera and use an SD card adapter to transfer the pictures directly to my Galaxy S8 and iPad. This is not as convenient as transferring the pictures directly with the Camera Connect App, but at least the GPS location info is preverved when transferring the pictures with an SD card adapter.

This has been a known issue, when will this issue be fixed?

I am also facing the same and cant find why is so. Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Amanda

VIP

Re: Canon Camera Connect App removes GPS location info when transferring pictures

On DSLRs the GPS must be turned on and the logger must be enabled when transferring the files.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jjemil808, 

We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have tested this ourselves in house and can confirm the functionality of the application that you are seeing. This may be due to a change in programming within the last few releases. We sincerely apologize for the trouble and while we don't currently have a suggested resolution, we have escalated the issue to our development team for review and hope to have the feature updated in future releases.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Fix this ASAP, I have only just bought SX720 because of the ability to geotag images and send them wirelessly. Only to find it doesn’t work as promised.