cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect App in Chinese/Japanese language

ErikB
Contributor

The Canon Camera Connect app on my iPhone recently switched itself to the Chinese/Japanese.

Deleting it and reloading it from the app store didn't solve it (still in Chinese/Japanese)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am using the app on an iPhone 8Plus iOS v11.04 (used to work on this version).

On iOS v12 is does not work either.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ErikB
Contributor

Solved: Problem was NOT in th app but on my iPone.

Somehow (I do not know how) I had an 'Other language' installed (Japanese). My iPhone language is Dutch but tthere was another language installed too (Chinese). Apperently the app used this language instead. Probably because Dutch is not available for the app it was looking for an other language which was Chinese in my case.

For those who have a similar problem check your regional settings:

Settings - General - Language & Region - iPhone language (and Other Languages).

View solution in original post

@ErikB wrote:

Somehow (I do not know how) I had an 'Other language' installed (Japanese). My iPhone language is Dutch but tthere was another language installed too (Chinese). Apperently the app used this language instead. Probably because Dutch is not available for the app it was looking for an other language which was Chinese in my case.

Forgive me if I'm misreading what you wrote, but you seem to almost be using "Chinese" and "Japanese" interchangeably in your post. For various historical reasons, the two languages do exhibit a degree of orthographic similarity. But they are quite different in most other respects - as different from each other as either is from Dutch or English.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi ErikB,

Welcome to the Canon Forum!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist with this unusual issue!

Our US-based technical support team is also standing by ready to help via Email (HERE) or phone (1-800-652-2666).

ErikB
Contributor

@ErikB wrote:

Forgive me if I'm misreading what you wrote, but you seem to almost be using "Chinese" and "Japanese" interchangeably in your post. For various historical reasons, the two languages do exhibit a degree of orthographic similarity. But they are quite different in most other respects - as different from each other as either is from Dutch or English.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements