cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect App connect with both iPhone and iPad

stsong
Contributor

Is it possible to use the Canon Camera Connect App with both iPhone and iPad. I have it setup with my iPhone but haven't been able to use the same connection or establish a new connecton with iPad.

Any one else had this issue? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stsong
Contributor
I finally got Easy Connect Guide to create a connection between iPad and camera.

Thanks for all who had replied.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

In each case, which device is the access point and which the client? Phones are usually more willing to serve as access points than computers are.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I would like to view photos on iPad, merely due to bigger screen and can view more details of photo taken by my SL2.

I haven't figured out a way to establish a connection with iPad. The existing iPhone connection does not work on iPad.

Of course you can use Camera Connect with an iPad - or at least mine, a mini 4. I've been doing it for about 3 years now. Just requires a separate software configuration on your camera. Your iPhone connection is probably called Set1. Just add Set2. Not easy,  but nothing is easy with the Camera Connect app. But I did it, with a lot of persistence.

Or just go to Best Buy or an Apple store and buy a "Lightning Apple iPhone iPad card reader." Simple to use, and flawless. I got mine for about $30 at an Apple store. Best Buy sales them too. Or get a generic one for half the price on eBay (don't know if they are any good, though).iPad card reader.jpg

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Well, that is your answer. You cannot connect directly to the iPad. Both must connect to the same hotspot, like your phone.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:
Well, that is your answer. You cannot connect directly to the iPad. Both must connect to the same hotspot, like your phone.

I understand that, but it wouldn't establish a connection between iPad and camera. I am wondering if this is a limitation that only one ios device can connect to one camera.

Incorrect. I have been connecting my 80d with my iPhone and my iPad for  years, and my iPad isn't connected to anything - no hot spot, no iPhone, nothing. The interface is between the iPad and the camera. Nothing else is involved. But it isn't easy. Better to just go buy one of these.iPad card reader.jpg

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I think you have misunderstood me, and Robert too. The limitation is the iPad, not the camera.

You do not seem to understand clients and access points. I wrote that both camera and iPad need to connect to the same wireless access point, not to each other.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

stsong
Contributor
I finally got Easy Connect Guide to create a connection between iPad and camera.

Thanks for all who had replied.

Wimbrooklyn
Apprentice
That appears to be the case with latest version of Camera Connect. I used to be able to connect with my iPhone or iPad individually but now I have to reset the Wfi settings in the camera and start fresh if I wish to alternate devices. Not a step forward.
Announcements