Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Canon 6D II software

I've always used Canon's DPP software to edit RAW images however, when my DPP4 software that I had installed for my 80D didn't work, I downloaded the lastest DPP4 software and installed it. It won't work on my Win 7 computer without installing Net Framework 4.7.2 software from Microsoft. I downloaded that software but it won't install. If I can't edit the RAW files I can't use my 6D II. Any ideas?

Honored Contributor

Re: Canon 6D II software

@grafxman wrote:

I've always used Canon's DPP software to edit RAW images however, when my DPP4 software that I had installed for my 80D didn't work, I downloaded the lastest DPP4 software and installed it. It won't work on my Win 7 computer without installing Net Framework 4.7.2 software from Microsoft. I downloaded that software but it won't install. If I can't edit the RAW files I can't use my 6D II. Any ideas?

If you cannot install .NET, then you could be out of luck.  You need to find out why your computer cannot run .NET 4.7.2.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/get-started/system-requirements

You need to be able to install .NET 4.5 before you can install 4.7.2.

I think you should upgrade your computer to Windows 10, with a separate NVidia graphics card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
VIP

Re: Canon 6D II software

This is a MS issue not a Canon so call MS 1 (800) 642-7676

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, along with less other stuff.