cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1dx mrkii won't connect to computer.

xeveserpere
Contributor
My new canon 1dx markii arrived today so I downloaded the eos utility supplied so that I could load some custom picture styles and all went smoothly. I connected my camera successfully to the eos utility and successfully loaded my custom picture profile and preceded to disconnect my camera and go try it out. Once I decided I wanted to tweak some picture styles I tried to reconnect it to my computer and found it would not connect. I can't get the computer to recognize it and neither will the eos utility. I've tried resetting everything and reinstalling the software as well as a bunch of other things and I just can't seem to get it to connect now. Coild it be a faulty Interface Cable IFC-150U II (even though it worked just minutes before) or god forbid a faulty camera port or is there something else I'm missing. Any help is greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xeveserpere
Contributor
Today I tried out a new a new canon interface cable and that was it. Kinda disappointed the cable included with my 1dx Mark ii gave out after just one use but the new cable was only 18$ on amazon and is working fine so I guess it's no big deal. Thanks to everyone who replied for helping out!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

xeveserpere
Contributor
Also I should mention that I'm using windows 10 x64bit and running the eos utility 3 although I tried utility 2 as well.

Try a different USB port on he computer and see if that helps.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

xeveserpere
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I tried that and unfortunately that's not it all of the USB's are working.

Is the 1DX2 WiFi-equipped? And if so, did you turn it on? AFAIK, no Canon camera allows you to establish a USB connection if WiFi is turned on.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

xeveserpere
Contributor
It is not. Thanks for the suggestion though. I definitely had that problem with my 70d a few times.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I've noticed that W10 machine sometimes throws a can't recognize device error.

If you go to Device Manager do you have any alerts in the USB section?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

xeveserpere
Contributor
No alerts no but I did realize that when I plug in my camera it doesn't even show under my device manager. I've heard some people just have a problem with their camera connecting to the eos utility especially on windows 10 but their camera still shows up under either my computer or device manager but mine is just non existent.

Do you still have the 70D? Does that connect? If not, can you borrow a camera and try it?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

xeveserpere
Contributor
Just tried the 70d and that does indeed still work.
Announcements