cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot download 5d Mark3 raw files

Sebring5
Contributor

No problem for 6d. Using Mac 10.8.3 and latest EOS Utility. Will not work with PS, LR or Image Capture. No problem for 6d. Tried for 6 hours before giving up.

10 REPLIES 10

cicopo
Elite

Have you tried updating your Adobe Camera Raw plug in?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I'm using the latest release. I had tried the beta but had to delete it and go back to the last release.  I had issues with the beta.

I'm not familiar with Macs but something sounds wrong on your end because the 5D3 has been on the market long enough for everyones software to be revamped to recognize it.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I agree with you. I think the camera is some how defective. I cannot find any logical reason why it wouldn't work.

Are you trying to download via a cable to the camera or by using a card reader? Can you do a file search on your computer using the file names from your jpg's but with a CR2 extension instead of .jpg?

jprusa
Contributor

If using a cable try pulling card out and using card reader,  if the  Mac can't see card then your card may be corrupted and your Mac just is not seeing the 5d3. 

Yes, I am using a cable. I do not have a card reader. I also have a 6d. Pictures taken with the 6d can be downloaded from cards in either camera. Pictures taken with the 5d Mark 3 can not be dowloaded from either camera although they are viewable from both. 

Replacement 5d Mark 3 body arrived less than a half hour ago. Up and running without issues. Downloading images with EOS utility. Nothing has been changed. Same SD card, everything is the same except for the body replacement.

Based on your comments, I have purchased a card reader. Thanks again.

That's a surprise. I don't understand why you couldn't download 5D3 files) from the 6D seeing that the camera recognized them.

Announcements