cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Uninstall CameraWindow

pantooset
Apprentice

CameraWindow isn't working properly. But it can't be reinstalled without being uninstalled first. APPS & FEATURES in Windows 10 has no uninstall link named "Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC8". How can I uninstall CameraWindow?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The software may be part of a bundle and might require that it (the entire bundle), or another application be run to either remove or repair a component application (like Camera Window).  This is likely the reason why you don't see any entry for "Camera Window" in Program and Features. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your reply. I still have the problem. Although I followed your advice and removed all Camera Utillities related programs, CameraWindow is still on the system after a reboot.

I wonder if I can't find the uninstall program somewhere on my system? Maybe only the shortcut to Windows APPS AND FEATURES was removed, somehow. Or can it be manually copied from somewhere back to my system? The install program from Canon doesn't seem to install/uninstall anything related to CameraWindow, probably because of some registry entry.

Is there a Camera Window folder or directory in your Program Files folder?

Look for unins000.exe or uninstall.exe and run one of these.  Might help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements