Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect using WLAN EOS Utility 2/3

GRANTSCHÄDL
Apprentice

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Camera: EOS 200D (EOS Rebel SL2 in NA)

When i initially bought this camera a few months ago i was able to connect using WLAN and it was working fine for a few days.

A few months later it doesnt work anymore:

I can ping my camera from my pc, i can also validate the computer is visible to my camera on my router webinterface.

Also tried creating a hotspot with my EOS camera, connect from my pc to hotspot - same issue.

Basically tried everything:

Turned WLAN off/on,

restarted PC/Camera,

reinstalled EOS Utility,

cleared appdata,

Windows 8 compatibility mode,

validated Canon EOS UPNP Detector Firewall rules (allowed)

EOS Utility 2/3 just doesn't seem to find my camera.

I can connect via. WLAN from my Smartphone btw, so it's not a camera issue.

Does anyone have the same issue? Are there any solutions?

Is there any way to enter the IP Address of my camera manually in EOS Utility or is Canon enforcing UPNP usage?

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, GRANTSCHÄDL!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Oh, i totally forgot about that, sorry.

I'm using an EOS 200D (equivalent to EOS Rebel SL2 in NA)

You need to manually start the appropriate EOS Utility one time.  After that, it should automatically find the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

You need to manually start the appropriate EOS Utility one time.  After that, it should automatically find the camera.

I already did it multiple times, didn't help (Fun Fact: EOS Utility can only be closed by killing it in Task Manager).
Also did it implicitly by restarting my pc and reinstalling EOS Utility.

@GRANTSCHÄDL wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

I already did it multiple times, didn't help (Fun Fact: EOS Utility can only be closed by killing it in Task Manager).

I assume that you are using a USB cable connection.  Make sure the camera is set for USB.  If you are seeing the “WLAN” dialog window, then the wrong application is starting up.  That window is created by the service that selects the appropriate EOS utility.

For whatever reason, the Canon installation does not create a shortcut in the Start Menu to the correct application for USB connections, so the USB Version Selector starts up, and gets stuck.  You actually need to go into the Windows Explorer and find the EXE file, and start it up.  I believe it is named “ EOSU 3.exe “, or something close it that.  There is no shortcut to it in the Start Menu.  I suggest creating a shortcut to it on your desktop.

@Waddizzle wrote:

@GRANTSCHÄDL wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

I assume that you are using a USB cable connection.  Make sure the camera is set for USB.  If you are seeing the “WLAN” dialog window, then the wrong application is starting up.  That window is created by the service that selects the appropriate EOS utility.

For whatever reason, the Canon installation does not create a shortcut in the Start Menu to the correct application for USB connections, so the USB Version Selector starts up, and gets stuck.  You actually need to go into the Windows Explorer and find the EXE file, and start it up.  I believe it is named “ EOSU 3.exe “, or something close it that.  There is no shortcut to it in the Start Menu.  I suggest creating a shortcut to it on your desktop.

As my title, and multiple occurrences in my original question stated:

Can't connect using WLAN EOS Utility 2/3

I also tried every exe in the Application Directory, didn't help.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Contact Canon Technical Support.
The SL2 is not networkable.
Announcements