cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Digital Professional 4 edit regular, not RAW format images from my EOS camera?

sweet_willliam
Apprentice

I am a newbie to Canon, got an EOS 77D and have been taking a course to develop my skills as a photographer. Used to do Web design (1990s) and have used photoshop.

Took a bunch of pics getting started experimenting with Aperture and speed and some of the presets on the camera.

Loaded up to the computer and want to process with digital pro 4, initial attempts seem that I can open, view, rename but cannot edit/crop etc my pics. They are not in RAW format. Can this be done without having shot them RAW?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@sweet_willliam wrote:

I am a newbie to Canon, got an EOS 77D and have been taking a course to develop my skills as a photographer. Used to do Web design (1990s) and have used photoshop.

Took a bunch of pics getting started experimenting with Aperture and speed and some of the presets on the camera.

Loaded up to the computer and want to process with digital pro 4, initial attempts seem that I can open, view, rename but cannot edit/crop etc my pics. They are not in RAW format. Can this be done without having shot them RAW?

Yes, you can edit JPEGs with DPP4, but not all of the editing tools are available with JPEGs.  You can only do basic stuff like brightness, contrast, and color saturation with a JPEG.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@sweet_willliam wrote:

Yes, you can edit JPEGs with DPP4, but not all of the editing tools are available with JPEGs.  You can only do basic stuff like brightness, contrast, and color saturation with a JPEG.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@sweet_willliam wrote:

Note that the commands for editing a JPEG are on a different tab in the Tool Palette. Look for the icon with a graph that looks a bit like an integral sign or a stretched-out "S".

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Can this be done without having shot them RAW?"

No.  DPP4 is basically a Raw converter.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements