cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 'Camera Connect' Be made simpler?

Ken_Nielsen
Apprentice
Connecting EOS R camera to iPhone X

This is what I read for starters "... you will see the camera's SSID and the Encryption key.  Write this Encryption key down as it is the Wi-Fi password that you would enter on your mobile device. Connect to the SSID on your iPhone through the wireless network settings.Open the Canon Camera Connect app. Within ten seconds the app should recognize your camera and ask to connect. Touch camera model name in the app to connect. Press the [SET] button. Now you should be connected."

I like and try to use Camera Connect, but it becomes a dance in time and meanwhile the shot goes away... Is there any plan to make this app simpler... Like turn it on and it remebers everything and is ready to go if your camera is nearby and on?

I just spent 5 hours trying to get it to connect today after having to call off a shoot where the camera had to be placed in an inaccessable spot... Camera Connect would not let me out of the set-up screens and shut the entire shoot down. 

Please Canon help. Remote shooting is such a good idea. Can anyone here suggest how I might approach another shoot and not go through disaster again?

TIA,

Ken

5 REPLIES 5

alexpilion
Enthusiast

IMHO you would get better chance to resolve an issue if you try to be more specific about where the procedure stop and also by posting it below the proper section, Software.
I am using the Android version of the utility and except first time all what I have to do to connect is switch on camera and "tag" its NFC with my mobile.
By doing that the app is opening on the mobile and connecting using the camera's own wifi, from the app I can choose either to use liveview for remote shooting or browse the pictures.

@alexpilion wrote:

IMHO you would get better chance to resolve an issue if you try to be more specific about where the procedure stop and also by posting it below the proper section, Software.
I am using the Android version of the utility and except first time all what I have to do to connect is switch on camera and "tag" its NFC with my mobile.
By doing that the app is opening on the mobile and connecting using the camera's own wifi, from the app I can choose either to use liveview for remote shooting or browse the pictures.

I was not aware that Canon had released any software for Android.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank You,for directing me to 'Software' as I will re-post my question there.

Thank You, I have never inquired here before and I thank you for directing me to 'Software' as I will re-post my question there.

Ken_Nielsen
Apprentice

I am posting in software now, Using an iPhone X and Camera Connect the software refuses to make connection to the camera, I have tried for days and days over two weeks now and every time the same thing, It does not go beyond allowing me to enter the name of the camera, It's like the WiFi or bluetooth is dead but they are on. Maybe I'm not starting out right... I should ask, why is there WiFi and Bluetooth? Are those two different things or are they the same?

Announcements