cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Suddenly stopped communicating with EOS Utility

jodywagstaff
Contributor

my two canon's, 70D and 5Dmkii, will not communicate any longer with EOS Utility

Windows 10 pro - 10.0.18363

Intel i5-9600

z390 UD - motherboard

24 gigs ram

-- Installed Eos utility and connected my 70D.  It connected immediatly and started the EOS Utility.  I then used camera control to open a live view window, which i then linked into OBS to capture the video.  About 10 minutes later, while using obs, the image froze on the camera.  Now my 70D and My 5Dmkii will not communicate with EOS Utility. The cameras immediatly connect with windows and can be seen in the navigation tree.  I can view images on the SD and CF cards but EOS utility says to connect a camera.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the EOS Utility app as welll as all other canon apps on this machine.

I have tried multiple cables, ports, and hubs.

I have disconnected all other usb devices.

I have tried eos 1, 2, and 3

Please if anyone can help with this, I would be very grateful.  My cameras are an integral part of my streaming set up and i am unable to proceed without them.

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

"About 10 minutes later, while using obs, the image froze on the camera."

You didn't say anything about deleting OBS - have you tried that?

BTW - third party doesn't imply illegal,  simply means software that neither you or the subject organization (in this case Canon) didn't create. Lightroom is third party software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jodywagstaff
Contributor
Thank you for the reply. I did try a system restore and it did work for me. There are still some issues with the EOS utility not recognizimg the camera but it seems to do with the various versions of the software.

I do use Premiere for editing. Obs is for streaming.

You might want to try using the version of EOSU that came within your camera.

If you don't have the CD that came with the camera you can download a digital disk image from the 70D support site. 

I have had situations where later versions of software wind up with incompatibilities with earlier products. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements